ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Exporting large video wall project (11880x1920) in after effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Wolf
Exporting large video wall project (11880x1920) in after effects
on Dec 12, 2016 at 2:47:04 pm

I have a project where we have 11 monitors mounted vertically, strung together to create a video wall (overall 11880x1920). I'm pretty amateur to after effects (or media encoder) when it comes to rendering out something to that magnitude. Looking for suggestions in file type and/or any better way to add video to the wall through after effects/premiere or something else.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Exporting large video wall project (11880x1920) in after effects
on Dec 12, 2016 at 5:04:27 pm

[Adam Wolf] "Looking for suggestions in file type and/or any better way to add video to the wall through after effects/premiere or something else."

Walls like this use specialized playback systems. You'll have to find out what that system's requirements are in order to know what format you should deliver.

After Effects is very commonly used for large-format displays like this; it's probably the best tool to learn for this use. Premiere less so -- that wall is wider than a Premiere sequence can support. If the display uses a media server for playback, you may have some creative options there as well.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Monk Ng
Re: Exporting large video wall project (11880x1920) in after effects
on Dec 13, 2016 at 11:00:33 am

From my understanding, they don't play a super large video, but they play many Full HD videos all at once. Each screen will be programmed to be synchronized.
To export videos for each screen...
I will export sequence first then use different comp to render for ewch screen.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]