ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

GifGun plugin - .gifs exported with weird gradients/noises

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Koens
GifGun plugin - .gifs exported with weird gradients/noises
on Dec 12, 2016 at 1:48:16 pm

Hello!

I recently purchased GifGun so we could make some really cool gifs. The more basic reason for this was that exporting Gifs with photoshop did not provide the level of quality i wanted. Photoshop usually ruined my gradients and put in weird color conversions, and weird noises. I thought using GifGun would prevent this problem.

Sadly, it doesn't. It does, however, make the problem less visible. The same issues occurs, but it's not as heavy as if i had exported it in photoshop. But this still bothers me.

I'll list my software and type of images im using down below, if you might need it.

- Im currently working on a Mac, version Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
- The after effects version im working on is CC 2015.3
- The filetypes i use are usually png, and usually the gradients are in those png's. i dont make them myself.
- I'm using a plugin called "GifGun" here's a link for any info, if you're not familiair with it. http://aescripts.com/gifgun/

My question is basically, am I using the plugin the incorrect way, or is this an issue out of my hands? I've already searched the internet on this dithering issue, and i've seen other people mess around with it as well but i haven't found any good answer to my question yet. I hope i can find it here!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]