ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Automate a template

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Federico OndartsAutomate a template
by on Dec 11, 2016 at 6:33:23 pm

Hello, first I want to apologize for my english. Its a bit rough.
Now to my doubt. I have made a simple image template for my work place. Its really simple. Just 15 images that come and go. The problem is that i have to pass this template to someone else who doesnt know anything about After effects and he has to do 2 or 3 videos a week using this template. I want to know if you guys know a way to have a script automatically import all the images in a folder and this images replace the placeholders?
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Automate a template
by on Dec 12, 2016 at 2:11:00 am

Can this person LEARN a little about After Effects? The Replace Footage command would be very useful and it would avoid extra work on your part.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Federico OndartsRe: Automate a template
by on Dec 12, 2016 at 3:46:18 pm

I know but this template will be going to this person first but i am sure it will be used by many more later on. I dont mind the extra work at this point. It will save me a lot of headaches in the future. And to tell you the truth I would also like to learn how to do it.

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: Automate a template
by on Dec 13, 2016 at 3:25:31 pm

You can precomp the images with names like "Replace Photo 1" "Replace Photo 2" etc. Then the new person just needs to drag the new photos into the appropriate precomp.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Automate a template
by on Dec 13, 2016 at 6:56:07 pm

Yeah! Good idea!

And you can even have big ol' text layers in the nested comps explaining just what to do. Just make them guide layers so they don't render.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]