ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE->Sony XDCAM 59.94i footage->greenscreen workflow

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeffrey Hass
AE->Sony XDCAM 59.94i footage->greenscreen workflow
on Dec 10, 2016 at 7:51:22 pm

Hi, sorry I could not exactly find the answer to my issue, so forgive a somewhat novice question. I learned a lot from mistakes during my first greenscreen/chromakey shoot of a ballet dancer...worst was perhaps having fast-moving body parts disappear when moving quickly. I had read that shooting at 60 fps would help with that. So I just shot another session with my Sony XDCAM PWM-200 set to 422 59.94i ("MPEG2HD50CBR_1920_1080_422P@HL" captureFps="59.94i"), which seemed to be my only option for a faster framerate. Now that I am trying to import the mxf files directly into After Effects (CC2017), I see it interprets as 29.97 (not sure as 29.97i though), and with further reading discover that this really isn't 60 fps at all, but interlaced 29.97 and my results are not much better that when I shot at 29.97p.

My ultimate use for this footage with alpha is putting into Cinema 4D scenes.

So my questions would be:
1) would I have better results important into Premiere first and then connecting to AE, or does AE actually use the interlacing?
2) when I "reinterpret footage" at 59.94, I just get the wrong frame rate playback--is there any kind of other transcoding I should do before importing into AE?
3) what can I do with this footage at this point that would give me a better result, or will I actually get a worse result than my previous progressive 29.97?

Thanks! I did do many other things better the second time around (not use cheap florescent green masking tape for greenscreen seams, backlight screen to avoid shadows, got wrinkles out of cloth). So I am making progress.

Jeff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]