ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Does time remapping interfere with motion blur?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerry SmithDoes time remapping interfere with motion blur?
by on Dec 6, 2016 at 10:42:22 am
Last Edited By Jerry Smith on Dec 6, 2016 at 10:45:09 am

Start with a simple shape moving
Nest that in another comp that has time remapping.
And so on.
Now in a your main comp, turn on rasterization for the nested precomp layer, the motin blur switch for that layer, and the motin blur switch for the main comp.

QUESTION: Will you get the same motion blur you would have gotten if you had just placed the simple shape in the main comp with the exact same motion without any time remapping? (Imagine that you combined all the time remappings successfully because you have a PhD in math and wrote a book on AE expressions.)

Thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Does time remapping interfere with motion blur?
by on Dec 6, 2016 at 3:07:10 pm

Rather than wait for a response from an AE PhD, this is a query that can be answered on one's own through experimentation.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jerry SmithRe: Does time remapping interfere with motion blur?
by on Dec 6, 2016 at 3:59:35 pm

You actually gave me a very informative answer. ☺

I've done various experiments and I've seen some strange behaviors. And I've read some inconsitent things in the documentation. But I wanted to pose the innocent question before I started casting accusations.

I actually got thrown off a forum once when I objected to somebody telling me to go do experiments. But that's another story!

Maybe somebody else knows??

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Does time remapping interfere with motion blur?
by on Dec 6, 2016 at 5:11:44 pm

Do the nested compositions all have continuously rasterize enabled or only the top level? Are the time remappings modified from their default?

If you have a very specific setup in mind it's probably best to share that setup here as an aep file.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Jerry SmithRe: Does time remapping interfere with motion blur?
by on Dec 6, 2016 at 5:33:08 pm

Hello Darby,

Thanks for the reply. Actually, there is not a particular set up because there are many many.

The nesting was done for convenience. But I've never really understood how collapse transformations/rasterize works with motion blur for nested comps.

Your asking about whether "the nested compositions all have continuously rasterize enabled or only the top level" is intriguing. I have long suspected that it is not as simple as Adobe makes it sound. Can you say a bit more?

As for the time remappings, most are not the default. Maybe 40% default. Often, there is just a parent and child. But, also often, there is a parent, child, and grandchild each with non-default remapping.

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]