ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

I'm not sure what compisition preset to use.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peggy Buckham
I'm not sure what compisition preset to use.
on Dec 5, 2016 at 6:13:03 pm

The last time I did anything in After Effects was in school 9 years ago. I am not sure what composition size to use. I am doing a video for a client that will be seen on the internet. I want this video to be higher quality than what is needed for the internet. I would like them to be able to use it for other things. Only I do not know what else they might use it for. I just want to deliver to them a high quality product. This is actually an animated video that they will use for a New Years card to their clients.

I would your suggestions!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: I'm not sure what compisition preset to use.
on Dec 5, 2016 at 7:18:34 pm

I would be tempted to create a custom comp. 1920x1080 and 59.94 frames / sec.

The size is fine for the internet. The frame rate allows the animation to be used in both variants of broadcast TV: 1080 or 720. Such a file can also easily be modified for playback on a tablet ot hand-held device.

Other people may offer different suggestions. I hope they do!

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Dec 5, 2016 at 8:19:35 pm

I might suggest sticking with 29.97 fps in the US as the lowest common denominator. Two reasons:
1) 29.97 requires less bandwidth than 59.94 for streaming.
2) You can always go from 29.97 to 59.94 and have it look the same, but you cannot go from 59.94 to 29.97 and have it look the same. 59.94 is a higher, smoother frame rate; you might make motion design choices that look great at the high frame rate, but appear to stutter at the lower frame rates.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
on Dec 5, 2016 at 8:37:52 pm

If it's going online and just made of graphics, you could make it 4K (3840x2160), 29.97 fps. UHD, as some call it, is becoming more common on YouTube now and a lot of new monitors or computers (such as an iMac) are more than capable of viewing it at that resolution. You could always down-convert for other purposes if necessary.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]