ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Positioning text behind talent

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerry BaldsingPositioning text behind talent
by on Dec 1, 2016 at 9:21:05 am

Hello, thank you in advance for taking the time to read my message.

This shot pans left to right.

As the attached image shows, I'm trying to position the text "Over 1450 Volunteer Hours" on the wall as though it was really there.

Being new to this I've only now realised that this shot doesn't work well with the 3d tracker.

I've since tried to use AE Mocha as per this youtube tutorial

But the text just doesn't stay in one spot on the wall?

But this tutorial applies to an image, not a moving shot and I have the same shot of the text moving with the pan.

Can someone please let me help to achieve this effect please?
Thank you all in advance.

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: Positioning text behind talent
by on Dec 1, 2016 at 2:50:35 pm

The problem is you have no good tracking points in this shot. If it's a nice smooth pan, you could probably keyframe the position of the text to make it look like it is in one spot fairly easily.

Return to posts index

Alexi VanderstraetenRe: Positioning text behind talent
by on Dec 2, 2016 at 11:22:38 pm

In Mocha, I would use as much as possible of the wall, especially the lower part of it that has a different layout so Mocha can keep track of something.
I haven't watched the Mocha tutorial you posted but by experience, when I started playing with Mocha, I found that YouTube tutorials use most of the time easy shots to track. I've had to use more keys in my tracking in general, going back and forth tracking back to the previous point each time I set a new key then tracking again forward.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]