ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Dynamic link not working "Adobe After effects must be installed to import this file"

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yousef HasanDynamic link not working "Adobe After effects must be installed to import this file"
by on Nov 30, 2016 at 9:58:40 pm

As the thread title suggests, I cannot replace compositions from premiere pro to after effects anymore, this was not the case with 2015.3 version. I do have a previous version of premiere pro installed but not after effects (I did, then I uninstalled and reinstalled after effects 2017)

What could be the culprit as to why adobe is not detecting both programs installed? Do I have to completely uninstall both programs and remove all their files and try again or am I missing something? I do videos quite a bit and the task of installing/uninstalling the two programs and plug ins will cost me valuable time. Any help? Couldn't find anything using search engines anywhere about this issue.

Also, no error code, just that message.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Dynamic link not working "Adobe After effects must be installed to import this file"
by on Nov 30, 2016 at 10:42:25 pm

There are a LOT of bugs in AE CC 2017. That could be the problem. The PP and AE versions must also match -- they have to be from the same download.

Unless you have some compelling -- and I mean REALLY compelling -- reason to use AE CC 2017, I would just save myself the grief and work in CC 2015. Don't get rid it it -- you'll need it!

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Yousef HasanRe: Dynamic link not working "Adobe After effects must be installed to import this file"
by on Dec 1, 2016 at 11:33:29 pm

I still can't manage to get the dynamic link to work between these two applications. even installing 2015.3 back

Did exactly what you sort of sugggested, redownloaded AE 2015.3 and now projects are working better than ever!

I really don't understand how adobe can update their programs by breaking them constantly, with every new version.Speaking of which, with 2017 versions I could no longer drag audio in the sequence. I had to manually look for the audio in the browser in-premiere pro. In 2015.3 I don't need to do that #logic

Return to posts index

Michał DudaRe: Dynamic link not working "Adobe After effects must be installed to import this file"
by on Dec 22, 2016 at 11:17:52 am

There is a solution.
Stupid but works for me.

1. Open premiere where you have linked AE comp.
2. right-click "edit original"
3. Ae pops up and asks you to save your file adding "(converted)" to name line at the end
4. delete "(converted)" addon and overwrite existing (old) file - consider backingup first
5. Save AE, Save Premiere. Close both programs.

When you open programs again it seems that links works (well, at least for me).
It seems that premiere 2017 do not understand Links from older AE's. When you overwrite the AE file with AE 2017 coding it looks that problem dissapead.

Best Wishes
Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]