ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

News or RSS feed for AE news, discussions and info?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Blake DavisNews or RSS feed for AE news, discussions and info?
by on Nov 30, 2016 at 5:11:27 pm

Is there any site or feed that is a good resource for daily After Effects and industry news, discussions and info?

I check these (creative cow) forums and news every day, but it seems to be focused more on support, and I would love to find one for industry news and info (After Effects and Video Production).

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: News or RSS feed for AE news, discussions and info?
by on Nov 30, 2016 at 6:33:26 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Dec 1, 2016 at 12:21:27 am

Here's how I feel about that -- Meh. Really. It would be pretty useless.

Any daily AE news is bound to originate with The Adobe Marketing Weasels, and they are rarely in touch with the reality of how their applications work for most people. They put things in the best possible light they can. Very few individuals can afford all the hardware that REALLY makes their applications work. Right now The Weasels are all over the concept of multiple collaborative user inputs into the same AE project; never mind that it's pretty much a fail. But to read their stuff, you'd think The Lord And Savior Jesus Christ Himself had descended from Heaven Above to bestow this boon to mankind. Furthermore, most individuals can ill afford to keep the IT people on staff needed to resolve the many bugs and just plain ol' bad code still in AE.

So if you're all about getting the Pollyanna perspective on AE, I encourage you to continue your quest. I'll stick with a more realistic view.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]