ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Still Photos in Motion

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel OrtogaStill Photos in Motion
by on Nov 30, 2016 at 1:45:54 pm

Hi!

I'm a long-time reader here, now decided to join the forum. I am currently working on animating still photos. There are a lot of great tricks like working with Masks, using distort effects, the Puppet tool etc.

Now i've got a picture with a lot of details on the contour. It's actually a fir branch. I'd love to animate the fir branch falling down slowly so that you can see the single needles moving slowly around (so like in slow motion). It's already cut out very well with an transparent background.

I experimented so far with the Puppet tool, but it's really a long process and I'm not 100% satisfied with the results. It leads to distortion on places where i don't want distortion and it's really a long process.

Is there a way to just move the contour of an object (it's a PSD file) in After effects? Of course this should also work and blend great with the rest of the moving objects. Or do you maybe have any other idea?

Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Still Photos in Motion
by on Nov 30, 2016 at 3:26:53 pm

Ooh, man, that's gonna be tough. You'd be much better off doing this in a 3D application, not AE. Sorry.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Daniel OrtogaRe: Still Photos in Motion
by on Nov 30, 2016 at 4:04:49 pm

Thanks for your answer. I tried a few things now like working with really a lot of small masks and controlling them seperately. It looks ok, but maybe in a 3D programm better. Could you recommend a certain programm for this task? Thanks a lot again.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Still Photos in Motion
by on Nov 30, 2016 at 8:39:53 pm

If you have Trapcode Particular, you should be able to make a branch with needles, might not be photo-realistic.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]