ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Copy / Paste Bezier Path changes anchor point

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Blake Davis
Copy / Paste Bezier Path changes anchor point
on Nov 28, 2016 at 7:26:30 pm

So I'm trying to have my Bezier path (shape) 'morph' into a different shape (path).
My method for doing this was to create the shape I want, the navigate to Contents>Shape>Path, right click and select "Convert to Bezier Path", then create a keyframe, copy that keyframe and PASTE it into the original layer (under Contents>Shape>Path).

This works and causes shape A to convert to shape B, HOWEVER, for some reason it completely changes the location of the shape once it has converted. It moves it AWAY from the anchor point (without changing the 'position' or Shape Transform position) and I have no idea how to get it to convert to my desired shape in the same spot (without moving).

This is a bit complicated to explain so please let me know any way I can clarify.

As example, I want the selected shape to change into a circle:

But when I copy the Bezier path and paste it, it changes to a circle as desired but moves it to a different spot:

I've tried moving the shape I copy, I've tried all sorts of things but can't get it to stay without moving the anchor point multiple times.

What am I missing here?

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
Re: Copy / Paste Bezier Path changes anchor point
on Nov 29, 2016 at 4:29:03 pm

after you "Convert to Bezier Path", you need to assign the first vertex. more about first vertex here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/animating-shape-paths-masks.htm...

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

Blake Davis
Re: Copy / Paste Bezier Path changes anchor point
on Nov 29, 2016 at 6:30:47 pm

That, sir, was precisely what I was missing. Thank you so much!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]