ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

mp4 file has no Video

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mohammad Taha
mp4 file has no Video
on Nov 21, 2016 at 1:49:11 pm

Hi everyone,
This happens now the first time to me. After finishing everythink with AE i use the Media Encoder for creating my Video File.
I use CC 2014.
The Problem what now is happening is, that my video File got no video if I start it.
The format I use is: H.264
Video Format input: 5120x1560
Audio: no need
Framerate: 25
Field Order: Progressive
Aspect: Square Pixels
TV Standard: PAL
Profile: Main
Level: 5.2

First I found out that I cant render more then 4.096. so I used 4.096x1248. but still not working.
Anyone has advise?

thx
Mohammad

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
Re: mp4 file has no Video
on Nov 21, 2016 at 2:51:53 pm

[Mohammad Taha] "The Problem what now is happening is, that my video File got no video if I start it.
"

what do you mean exactly?

[Mohammad Taha] "Video Format input: 5120x1560
" "First I found out that I cant render more then 4.096. so I used 4.096x1248. but still not working.
Anyone has advise?

H.264 has a resolution limitation of 4K. what happens when you try to render?

I would advise that unless this video is going to be played back in some designated playback system that requires this resolution, then you should probably stick with standard format. HD1080 is a good place to start. 4k won'ts stream nicely and many monitors don't have that many pixels.

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

Mohammad Taha
on Nov 21, 2016 at 3:03:15 pm

Sorry for my bad english,
I need I high resulation becouse in should be played on a Power wall with arround 4,5k pixel (128:39).
like how u sayed with a playback system.
After Rendering i get a file without the Video. this happens when i use the 4k limitation how u sayed.

The funny part is, if I do a wmv file with 4k. then is fine. I get the video. BUT if I played it on the Powerwall you see a lot of artefact at the dark places. on the Computer Screen looks fine. thats why i want H.264 for not lose of the quality.

cheers

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
on Nov 21, 2016 at 3:27:48 pm

Is H.265 an option? You can render larger resolutions with that codec. If you need h.264, try creating an intermediate out of After Effects (ProRes or DNxHD) and then create your mp4 from that. Maybe that would solve it.

Return to posts index

Mohammad Taha
on Nov 21, 2016 at 4:13:03 pm

I don't have the option of using H.265. But what I can now say is, that if I put the exported file back to AE I can see the Video. Just If I play it with the Windows Media Player it doesn't show. so that mean I need a other player. or I need to give it a try at the Powerwall and see if it works there. I will let you know what happends. thx a lot.

btw. Where do I find the ProRes or DNxHD?

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
on Nov 21, 2016 at 4:33:41 pm

Ok, let us know how it turns out.

ProRes is a Quicktime codec (find it in Format Options). DNxHD is also found under Quicktime in After Effects, though it can also be exported as MXF through Adobe Media Encoder. Both are good lossless codecs to use as intermediate or master files before compressing.

Return to posts index

Mohammad Taha
on Nov 28, 2016 at 9:32:29 am

Ok, It turns out, it has somethink todo with the installed player.
On my workstation I'm not allowed to install any player like VLC or other.
but at the Powerbench we gave it a try with a other player and it worked.
also the 4k rendering was enough for a good resolution for the presenting on the Big display.

thx again.

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
on Nov 28, 2016 at 10:10:34 am

thanks for sharing what work. next time I know to ask "how did you play your video?" so we could eliminate bad player ☺

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

Mohammad Taha
on Nov 28, 2016 at 11:51:27 am

hehe, yea. But so we can see, sometimes it has to do with some other stuff, not always with the software :P.

Return to posts index

selva malakia
on Dec 1, 2016 at 10:10:26 am

why don't you try converting your wmv video with handbrake : https://handbrake.fr/

Selva Malakia
M.A. Audio and VisCom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]