ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE Audio Playback in Preview Skipping

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brett Underhill
AE Audio Playback in Preview Skipping
on Nov 18, 2016 at 2:14:45 pm

I'm on an iMac running Sierra 10.12.1, 32 GB RAM. Latest update of Adobe CC.

Ever since AE rolled out the "real time" preview, audio playback has been anything but. I can't get a clean playback of audio, and I've tried converting audio files to .wav, aiff, mp4, with no different results. I have "Cache Before Playback" checked. I consistently empty out my Cache. Hiding the waveform seems to help some, but I often need to see the waveform in order to time animation to audio (duh).

How can this be fixed? Real Time playback is slowly down my work. I never had this issue prior to the "real time" preview.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: AE Audio Playback in Preview Skipping
on Nov 18, 2016 at 3:55:58 pm

What is the exact version number of AE that you are running? They just released an update yesterday that should fix this issue.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Brett Underhill
on Nov 18, 2016 at 4:20:47 pm

Well I'll be, speak of the Devil. Just completed yesterday's update and retried. It's definitely better. No more skipping and less molasses voice. It's like it's 2014 all over again!

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Nov 18, 2016 at 4:48:30 pm

This issue is one the AE team has been struggling with through a few releases. If you want a really detailed explanation of the issue, see this: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9145329#9145329

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]