ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Suggestions on removing logo

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael CowleySuggestions on removing logo
by on Nov 17, 2016 at 7:05:30 pm

I've completed a commercial. Well, I thought I'd completed a commercial. It's a spot about fitness and features a woman running. We had her wear flat black shoes, in hopes that we wouldn't see a logo. Unfortunately, in a close up of her foot hitting the ground, you can distinctly see a Nike logo. I'm in After Effects attempting to remove it. The colors are too dark and the motion is too fast for me to use any sort of tracking. I've attempted masking with different effects, with little success of it looking realistic. The only thing that's shown to be close to effective is going in, frame by frame, and clone stamping the logo out. Only problem with this is any slight variation in cloning is very noticeable.

Do you guys have any suggestions on the route to take with this? The clip is only a few seconds long. I'm not an experience AE guy...but I usually learn fairly quickly with tutorials. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mike

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Suggestions on removing logo
by on Nov 17, 2016 at 7:13:42 pm

Any chance we can see an example of the shot?
My normal workflow for this sort of thing is to create a logo-free object in Photoshop from the closest/clearest frame and then use Mocha to track that clean piece back into the full shot.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Michael CowleyRe: Suggestions on removing logo
by on Nov 17, 2016 at 7:22:29 pm

Not sure if I did this right. The zip file should contain 3 frames from the shot. Thanks!
10808_shoeshot.zip

Return to posts index

Roei TzorefRe: Suggestions on removing logo
by on Nov 17, 2016 at 8:38:33 pm

well 3 frames is nice but it's hard to give you any helpful advice based on not even subsequent frames. the way you are describing it, it could be a frame-by-frame solution that if performed with the right workflow can produce good results without being to picky on every frame. remember that no one will be looking for the logo.

if you want more help, you should send the whole shot. you can place a copyright symbol or hide certain parts if you are worried someone will use it.

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

by on Nov 17, 2016 at 8:54:27 pm

Here's the clip. It's short and the only one that's proving to be a hassle. Thanks for your help.
10809_shoeshot.mp4.zip

Mike

Return to posts index

chris brettRe: Suggestions on removing logo
by on Nov 17, 2016 at 9:09:22 pm

.... yes...........

.......... think if acceptable to client make that area of shoe in dark shadow - its so fast you will get away with all sorts and sometimes a bit of organicness ( ? ) helpls sell it anyway....

....... would probably garbage matte it then fiddle with it frame by frame a bit if that looks too mechanical ---

----------- might not be too hard at all if this is solution is ok -----------chris --

=====================================================

Return to posts index

by on Nov 17, 2016 at 9:30:34 pm

I'll give it a shot. As of now, the frame by frame clone stamping isn't working out too great.

Mike

Return to posts index

Griffin EnglanderRe: Suggestions on removing logo
by on Nov 17, 2016 at 11:27:35 pm

Hi Michael,
I got bored and threw this together pretty quick and shitty. Feel free to use it if you wish.

10812_10809shoeshotretouch.mov.zip

Return to posts index

by on Nov 17, 2016 at 11:29:53 pm

Oh my god. I was going in, frame by frame, and touching things up. But then, my AE wouldn't refresh and was making things 10 time more frustrating. I may just use the clip you sent me. Can you explain how you did this? Thank you so much.

Mike

Return to posts index

by on Nov 17, 2016 at 11:38:43 pm

No problem.
It's just a retouch of the cleanest frame I could find, a quick rotation/position track of the logo and a soft mask over the top. Plus one or two keyframes of curves. The light doesn't move across that part of the shoe but it doesn't really stick out.

Hope that helps,

- Griffin

Return to posts index

by on Nov 17, 2016 at 11:50:30 pm

Awesome man. That's way more elaborate than what I was trying. Thanks for the explanation.

Mike

Return to posts index

Roei TzorefRe: Suggestions on removing logo
by on Nov 18, 2016 at 12:58:04 am

here is my go at it:
1. track the shot - for this I used mocha. just position, rotation,scale and shear

2. apply the transform data to a null. now I have a null that's pretty close to sticking to the shoe. I can correct it manually in Ae if I need to at the tough spots in the beginning or end.

3.export a frame to photoshop and create my clean plate

4.bring it back and attach it to the null and use a little roto for the masking

5.duplicate the video and mask the flower

final composite:

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

by on Nov 18, 2016 at 1:28:55 am

That looks fantastic. Thanks for the tutorial as well! I'll give it a shot in the morning.

Mike

Return to posts index

by on Nov 18, 2016 at 1:36:43 am

Roei explains things better than me, good one.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 18, 2016 at 12:28:12 am

-- nice solution -- will remember that one -----

Return to posts index

by on Nov 17, 2016 at 8:51:49 pm

Hi Michael
-----------------I would suggest to client that area is modified as if in shadow - frame attached -- its going to be very hard to match that texture --

--- uploaded file but no idea what happens next ! ! ???

...........................sorry - anyway sure you can try it easy enough ....

.................................... all the best ...

--------------------------------------------- chris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]