ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Simple volumes, box, cylinder, pyramid, New CINEMA 4D renderer, render outlines

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Arvidsson
Simple volumes, box, cylinder, pyramid, New CINEMA 4D renderer, render outlines
on Nov 17, 2016 at 10:41:38 am

I need to illustrate volumes of simple geometry shapes such as boxes, cylinders, pyramid. I only need to describe the shapes with lines for visible outlines of the objects and dotted lines where you se throw the object (classic style).
But now with the cinema 4d integration with in after effect I was thinking maby there is a more nice way to present simple volumes with real 3d objects instead of illustratior images. Is there a way to extrude a square to a box and have after effect to show only the outlines? The best would be to have the obscured edges dotted to make everything more clear. If its possible it would be nice since you could rotatet and tilt the objects within after effect if needed.

joelarvidsson@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
Re: Simple volumes, box, cylinder, pyramid, New CINEMA 4D renderer, render outlines
on Nov 17, 2016 at 3:06:46 pm

Not sure how to do that in Cinema 4D. But you could use this free script to create your 3D box or other shape, double-click the Rectangle tool to add a mask around each layer, and then add the Vegas or Stroke effect to get your outlines.

Element 3D also has a wireframe setting if you had access to it.

Return to posts index

Joel Arvidsson
Re: Simple volumes, box, cylinder, pyramid, New CINEMA 4D renderer, render outlines
on Nov 17, 2016 at 3:31:34 pm

Thanks its worth to try it out. I have Element 3D, didnt think of it.

joelarvidsson@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Nov 18, 2016 at 4:46:55 pm

You can do a lot with C4D Lite. Check out this tutorial: http://www.eyedesyn.com/tutorials/creating-cartoon-outlines-in-cinema-4d-li...

For a more basic, foundational introduction to C4D Lite (you should probably do this first) see here: http://www.cineversity.com/vidplaylist/cinema_4d_lite_reference

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]