ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

H.264 best standard bitrate setting for render

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yanda Satria
H.264 best standard bitrate setting for render
on Nov 14, 2016 at 2:17:08 pm

hi, i know this has been post many times, and i'm aware that exporting h.264 from AE isn't recommended...i've been searching the internet, and haven't really found an answer yet...

but, currently i am working regularly with client, and he's asking for mp4 format with h.264 codec...and he doesn't like a large size file like .mov file...

i am using AE Cs6..

so, what is the standard bitrate setting for this?

there are 2 setting right, target bitrate and maximum bitrate...

what i'm using now is 20 for target and 25 for maximum bitrate...

any better option / recommendation?

and, what is exactly the standard setting for this? what is the standard bitrate setting for 1080p and 720p?

i don't know whats the video will be used for, he didn't say...

thank you... :)

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: H.264 best standard bitrate setting for render
on Nov 14, 2016 at 2:28:34 pm

Asking for the best bit rate without knowing what the video will be used for will get you nowhere. Find out what the renders will be used for- playback (and if so, on what), editing, some other post processing (grading, fx..) - then you will be able to get a specific answer.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Yanda Satria
on Nov 14, 2016 at 2:31:49 pm

on my previous project, he was using it for youtube though, so i'm guessing all this next project was also for youtube...since this is the same kind of project...

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
on Nov 14, 2016 at 2:43:11 pm

Media Encoder actually has YouTube presets under the H.264 settings. I would check those out. Just make your exports 2-Pass instead of 1-Pass, which is selected by default. I think it improves the quality, particularly if there is motion in your video. Pretty much every online video host like Youtube will recompress your video anyway, so I tend to keep the bitrate a little on the higher end (Minimum 16, Maximum 20).

Return to posts index

Yanda Satria
on Nov 15, 2016 at 2:02:52 am

i see, i'll look into it, so 16 target and 20 maximum is good enough...thank you.. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]