ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Time remapping for animation states

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Rebel
Time remapping for animation states
on Nov 13, 2016 at 5:39:05 pm

Hello creative cows,
I wonder if you can help me here: I want to animate a little robot that blinks from time to time, looks happy, etc. I have all the different eye-shapes as single layers in a sub comp, one layer after the other showing up for one frame. The plan is now to navigate through the different states of the eyes (open, closed, happy, etc.) using time remapping on the sub comp with hold keyframes. Now, even though these are stop keyframes, there´s always one frame before the next keyframe, where I can see two layers at a time, even though, according to the value in the time remap property, the time does not change until the next keyframe is reached. Any idea what I´m missing?

Thanks and best regards

Daniel

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Time remapping for animation states
on Nov 13, 2016 at 6:45:53 pm

Frame rate mismatch? You need to check.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Daniel Rebel
on Nov 13, 2016 at 8:01:01 pm

Hi Dave, thank you for your reply. I thought about the same, but the comps have the same framerate. Weird. I shifted the layers around a little and let them play for more than one frame, with space in between, so I finally got it working somewhat. Still weird.
Thanks and best regards
Daniel

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Nov 14, 2016 at 1:14:57 am

If it's a properly-functioning application, there has to be some sort of frame rate issue. Was this footage imported as an image sequence? Check the frame rate on it.

If you've already done all that, you may be using AE CC 2017, the brand-new version. I wouldn't. I would use an earlier version. If you rent Adobe software, you can get one. I recommend AE CC 2014.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]