ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Disable AE 2017 project conversion warning

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kirill Skorodelov
Disable AE 2017 project conversion warning
on Nov 11, 2016 at 11:33:45 am

Hi all, does anyone know how to disable a warning when you open a project made in older version of AE if it is possible at all? I know it's a standard warning which existed forever in but for my workflow reasons I'd like to disable it. I upgraded to AE2017 and of course all the projects created earlier in AE2015 are opened with this warning.
Thanks a lot in advance,
Kirill.

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
Re: Disable AE 2017 project conversion warning
on Nov 11, 2016 at 4:57:04 pm

I never heard of a way to disable it. as a workaround you could just save the project again over the original and now it will be CC2017 and not produce a warning when opening.

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Nov 14, 2016 at 4:31:00 pm

I would recommend against saving over it. It probably won't cause an issue, but it's always better to be safe than sorry. I mean, I usually use the increment and save feature more than necessary too! I figure it's just better to increment the file name after any big changes and I'd do the same in this instance.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
on Nov 14, 2016 at 4:57:46 pm

definitely you should create backups for your projects. usually if I want to stay organized and create templates I would not use the increment method. but to keep organized I would create a folder called "Old" and save other versions.

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]