ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Pin Drops in AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ewan MaccormickPin Drops in AE
by on Nov 9, 2016 at 5:06:34 pm

Hi there,

I am going mad trying to recreate this footage, but I can't do it at all. Could someone please take a look and see if they can advise me what to do.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zntaggf1mj9ivwe/FULlfluidM_1.mp4?dl=0

The main issues I am having are

1. The workflow. Where to create the actual graphical elements. Would you do that in PS and import them in?
2. The tracking. Would you camera track this footage and if so, how do you add so many pindrops to this and make them stick. Also, with this, you have to then make the graphics 3D which then sends them into a wild 3d space from which I cannot properly rescue them. OR do you have to do a motion track for each pin.

If anyone can give advice or point me towards tutorials that might help I would be eternally grateful. It is halting my workload and is something that I hope to be doing a lot of in the future.

Return to posts index

chris brettRe: Pin Drops in AE
by on Nov 9, 2016 at 5:46:35 pm

Hi Ewan

---- not actually done this myself but pretty sure about how to do it as outlined below ( obviously different artists will have different techniques etc ) -----

-- suggest.....

1 ) create master artwork in Illustrator if possible then it will stay nice and sharp

2 ) create pin animation and make into pre-comp

3 ) track footage and apply pre-comps ---
------------- various ways I think - this looks like a useful approach from Andrew at Video Copilot......

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/magic_tracking/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- chris ---

Return to posts index

Ewan MaccormickRe: Pin Drops in AE
by on Nov 10, 2016 at 10:16:07 am

Hi Chris,

Thanks so much for this. The workflow looks pretty tight, similar to what I was doing, but will definitely switch to Illustrator rather than PS.

The tutorial helped too. Have never heard of Mocha, I always assumed that the 3D camera tracker was the one to go for, so thanks for this.

Now I delve into the project!

Return to posts index

chris brettRe: Pin Drops in AE
by on Nov 10, 2016 at 10:31:53 am

........................ good luck and all the best -----chris ---

======================================

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]