ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Removing butt pads from an actor in post

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wilmon BlackRemoving butt pads from an actor in post
by on Nov 7, 2016 at 6:45:20 pm

Hey folks, taking a crack at removing some butt pads from an actor in one scene but not really getting much success.

So far I've been using the liquify and paint tool to cover over and smooth the rear our but it's pretty time consuming and I'm not achieving results that I care for.

How do you normally paint things out of a scene and how would you tackle making this more, ahem, shapely:

Return to posts index

chris brettRe: Removing butt pads from an actor in post
by on Nov 7, 2016 at 7:50:44 pm

Hi Wilmon

------- sorry to be so pessimistic but I think this one is probably pretty much impossible unless your subject is standing very still ---

----------- I once tried to add some burn marks to an actors trousers on a short clip, with minimal movement, and had to admit defeat --- ones brain seem to detect even the slightest spatial mismatch and it never looked quite right whatever I tried....

----if its an option suggest its more practical to re-shoot - change the clip, or cover over tricky bit with a plant or a post or something ...................

I reckon it cant be done .................

------------------------------------------------------------------- chris ---

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Removing butt pads from an actor in post
by on Nov 14, 2016 at 6:20:08 pm

Without seeing more of the shot, it's hard to offer advice. That screenshot looks like it's going to be very difficult, but that's only because I'm imagining what the movement might be. It might be easier than it looks at first.

You could try removing the pads on one frame in Photoshop and then tracking the resulting pad-free butt into your scene and matching the noise (you may also need to warp the shape somewhat, but that, again, is dependent on how the movement occurs).

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]