ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Keyframe Assistant In After Effectscs6 Produces Erroneous Results

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gaston HuckabayKeyframe Assistant In After Effectscs6 Produces Erroneous Results
by on Nov 7, 2016 at 5:34:00 pm

I've got an absolutely infuriating problem when using Keyframe Assistant. And I can't believe I'm the only one out there that's ever seen this.

I'm utilizing the Keyframe Assistant to animate eye blinks and mouth syncs with .psd artwork (special thanks to Aharon Rabinowitz's fabulous tutorial on lip-syncing). Things run smoothly about 75% of the time, the blinks perform as they should and at the times they are instructed. But the other 25% of the time they flicker at random and unpredictable intervals, where absolutely no keyframes were placed!

I go back and delete ALL the keyframes, but the problem persists; often times at new locations. I close the project file, close AE, relaunch or reboot only to discover the faulty information is either still there or has migrated to a new time location again. What the heck is going on? In the sample image, both of her eyes should be wide open.

What I'm running:
Mac OS 10.8.5
After Effect 6 v11.0.4.2
32GB RAM
GeForce GT 610 video card with 2GB

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Keyframe Assistant In After Effectscs6 Produces Erroneous Results
by on Nov 7, 2016 at 7:49:50 pm

I recommend clearing media and all caches, plus simply turning your machine off for a bit. They're two easy-to-do, non-time-consuming things that clear up a lot of problems.

Of course, write back if there's no joy.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Gaston HuckabayRe: Keyframe Assistant In After Effectscs6 Produces Erroneous Results
by on Nov 7, 2016 at 8:07:15 pm

Yeah, I should have mentioned all that gets done frequently-like every 15 minutes (purging the Image and Image Cache Memory). The issue shouldn't be that the machine has run too long, as it's just as likely to occur in the first 60 seconds of booting-up. I have no other issues with any other production software (FCP, PS, IL, Premier, Soundtrack, et al). And the frequent re-boot route is clearly time consuming.

Any other ideas fellas?

Return to posts index

chris brettRe: Keyframe Assistant In After Effectscs6 Produces Erroneous Results
by on Nov 7, 2016 at 8:07:09 pm

Hi Gaston

----- not seen the tutorial but assume eye is on a separate layer - if so might be a z space issue --

This happens sometimes on mine if layers are at the same point in z space

If this is the cause just adjust the z position 1 notch to solve the problem making sure the 'eye layer' is above the 'head layer' in the layer list and also nearer to the viewer in z space ---

If they are not 3d layers you can just make them 3d layers without affecting the layout ( if no camera ) and maybe sort it like that .............. worth a try I think -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------chris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]