ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Mocha AE - Replacing a screen that simultaneously goes out of frame and also has a foreground obstruction

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Tran
Mocha AE - Replacing a screen that simultaneously goes out of frame and also has a foreground obstruction
on Nov 4, 2016 at 7:47:18 am

Hi all,

I've been working on a scene where a green screen that I am trying to track ends with the screen going out of frame and also has a person walking in front of it. I've tried to roto out the person but my track layer for the screen continues to pick them up. I've tried different solutions from suggestions here and nothing seems to be working. Close to when the scene ends, my X-Spline I've set for the green screen goes out of whack. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Mocha AE - Replacing a screen that simultaneously goes out of frame and also has a foreground obstruction
on Nov 4, 2016 at 5:48:51 pm

[Dan Tran] "...a green screen that I am trying to track ends with the screen going out of frame and also has a person walking in front of it."

Was the person walking in front of the screen done intentionally? Whether it was or not, you should be able to use Rotobrush to isolate and then remove that person.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
Re: Mocha AE - Replacing a screen that simultaneously goes out of frame and also has a foreground obstruction
on Nov 4, 2016 at 6:30:19 pm

can we see the footage?

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

Dan Tran
on Nov 4, 2016 at 7:24:34 pm

Hi Dave and Roei,

Here is the footage:

I rotoscoped the arms out okay but at the end of the shot is when my track matte on the green screen gets off.

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
on Nov 4, 2016 at 9:20:15 pm
Last Edited By Roei Tzoref on Nov 4, 2016 at 9:21:15 pm

well of course it won't automatically track as it go off screen as it is totally obscured. luckily the motion is pretty constant. just manual track it either in Mocha or Ae. here's how to do this in mocha:

http://www.studiodaily.com/2011/06/tips-for-manually-adjusting-tracks-in-im...

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

Dan Tran
on Nov 6, 2016 at 6:04:37 am

That worked perfectly! Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]