ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Toho Scope Lighting effect?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam BirchToho Scope Lighting effect?
by on Nov 4, 2016 at 6:46:54 am

Hey all,

I've been trying to imitate the old 1950s Toho Scope intro sting.

I was wondering if I could find some help here. After trying to find some tutorials online I could never find anything bang on what I needed and anything that was kind of close was never close enough. I'm fairly well versed in AE so I've gone through a few tests to see if I can build it on my own but i'm still a fair way off. I know how to get light rays but they are always pretty sharp thin little rays rather than the chunkier rays in the logo sting.

The kind of smokey ray effect is easy enough with a fractal noise layer in the mix but i'm also not sure of how they've done the colouring (outside of the general 1950's faded look, ill add that in after I get the groundwork done in the main comp) its looking like the colours do shift in the light but i'm not sure if that's an effect i'm missing or if its several stacked coloured lights.

Not sure if this is a really easy thing to build and im just missing a few tricks here or there but if anyone could recommend something that would be a massive help even if its just a tutorial to look into. Also this is the first time ive ever posted in a forum so apologies if this question is in the wrong place! this problem has been driving me nuts!

-IM

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]