ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Adding Christmas Lights To A Short Clip

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mat Reynolds
Adding Christmas Lights To A Short Clip
on Nov 1, 2016 at 4:17:23 pm

Afternoon all,

I did start a thread here - https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/1115032 - but can seem to add a reply

Anyway, I have a short clip (just a quick "test shot" for now), of the camera panning outside the office. I want to add some christmas lights around the windows etc....

I've done the camera tracking of course, and then played with CC Particle World. My intention was to turn off gravity etc etc, and then pre-compose the solid with the CC Particle World effect, and then add a mask so it only showed lights appear around the windows.... However, the problem is the total randomness of CC Particle World.

Is there anyway I could add a tinkling light effect or similar along a give path/shape?

Return to posts index

Greg Gesch
Re: Adding Christmas Lights To A Short Clip
on Nov 2, 2016 at 2:15:43 am

Hi Mat, it depends on the look you are after but you could check at the Vegas effect, which will follow a path (and add a Glow effect if you want more punch). You can add several versions of Vegas, set different colors for each and keyframe different Rotations, spacing etc for variety. It is possible to get them looking more like globes by decreasing their Length setting, and add more variety by playing with other settings.

Return to posts index

Mat Reynolds
on Nov 2, 2016 at 7:51:41 am

Do you have a link to the "Vegas Effect"?

Return to posts index

Mat Reynolds
on Nov 2, 2016 at 9:39:12 am

Just realised what you meant now. I shall give that a try this afternoon and see how I get on.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jono Gaughan
on Nov 2, 2016 at 1:27:23 pm

You might also want to give Omino Snake a shot. http://omino.com/store/

Return to posts index

Mat Reynolds
on Nov 2, 2016 at 3:23:45 pm

thank you.

Return to posts index