ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Prisma Effects on Video?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chaernon Adrian
Prisma Effects on Video?
on Oct 26, 2016 at 7:17:16 pm

Would it be possible to add that type of effect like the Prisma app has [any preset really] in After Effects to the video? For those who don`t know what Prisma is, it basically has these presets and it just turns your picture into a cartoon [sort of] but some of the effects are REALLY great.

I was wondering if it`s possible, for example to add in real time the Caribbean preset to a video, or even in post?! What would it take? And are there any tutorials available that I can follow?

Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Prisma Effects on Video?
on Oct 26, 2016 at 7:35:30 pm

My guess would be "yes", but it would be more a case of developing a technique using a variety of existing effects rather than a simple preset.

And without Before and After pictures, we can't even guess at what those would be.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Chaernon Adrian
on Oct 27, 2016 at 11:41:48 am

Here`s a picture of after the effect was applied. Sadly I do not have the before anymore, BUT it was basically a normal picture taken with a bridge camera, with no effects added, just a simple picture.

Hopefully this helps in showing what type of effect I want to achieve. What I found so far on YouTube is just basic, weird looking stuff. Not some artwork like this.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Oct 27, 2016 at 3:00:40 pm

The problem with stuff like this is that it works for a still picture, but not for animation. You can create actions in Photoshop to create stuff like this and apply it across frames of a video file, but there is going to be a lot of jerking, flashing, etc. as there is no temporal data. There is a cartoon effect built into AE, but you'd need to use a LOT of other effects along with it do get something like what you've got and it would look odd in motion.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]