ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

HUGE new AE tool to boost your workflow

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Szalapski
HUGE new AE tool to boost your workflow
on Oct 26, 2016 at 3:12:35 pm
Last Edited By Michael Szalapski on Oct 26, 2016 at 3:13:27 pm

I know some folks poo-poo Video Copilot for producing easy-to-use plugins that newbies can just slap on stuff and look good, but this new tool is in a different league entirely. This is one, massive, workflow changer in After Effects. Nothing flashy, but SO MANY clicks are going to be saved.

Not only does this new, free, tool give you some of the power of C4D's commander - in that it lets you quickly pull up and apply any effect or preset, but it's got some awesome built-in features for "changing" the defaults for effects you apply in AE and adds some great stills-grabbing functionality to After Effects as well.

This is going to save me so much time.

Seriously. Just watch the video!

Once you get past the jokes and goofiness in the beginning, it is a much more powerful tool than it first appears. The overrides, black listing, shortcuts, and favorites combined with Animation Presets you build in AE is huge. HUGE!

VCP blog post and download link here: http://www.videocopilot.net/blog/2016/10/new-workflow-plug-in-fx-console-is-now-available/

I've been asking for something like this in AE ever since I found the commander in C4D and it's even better than I imagined.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
Re: HUGE new AE tool to boost your workflow
on Oct 26, 2016 at 3:37:25 pm

It's a great plugin, as is nearly all of his stuff. It's easy for beginners to get caught up copying Kramer's tutorials or slapping on his plugins willy-nilly, but for those with experience who look to utilize his tools more creatively, his plugins are game changers.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Oct 26, 2016 at 3:43:29 pm

Agreed. I used Saber the day it came out for a client project. It saved me a huge amount of time.

This one is a whole different league though. It doesn't make anything at all, it just saves massive amounts of time.

- The Great Szalam

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Oct 26, 2016 at 4:10:11 pm

That's similar to the Fusion node search. It'll save some time for sure.

Return to posts index

chris brett
on Oct 27, 2016 at 2:32:11 pm

Hi Michael

Thanks for pointing this out

I think Andrew Kramer and his team have been a great service to the industry not only in terms of tutorials and software by also very much in terms of attitude and inspiration

------------------------------------------------------------- chris ---

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Oct 27, 2016 at 2:44:38 pm

[chris brett] "I think Andrew Kramer and his team have been a great service to the industry not only in terms of tutorials and software by also very much in terms of attitude and inspiration"

Agreed. I plan to thank them for this new - free - tool by purchasing something else from them that I don't already own. It's definitely worth something! Not to mention the years of useful education.

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]