ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Write On Brush Animation that then Scribbles

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Colin PetersonWrite On Brush Animation that then Scribbles
by on Oct 19, 2016 at 9:29:25 pm

Hey y'all,
I'm trying to make an animation of a pen stroke that, after writing on essentially continues to slightly move ala the scribble effect. So I know that I can use the brush and write on, adjust the keyframes to get the speed I want. But after the initial 'writing on' I'd love for the strokes to continue to kinda... move, but barely. Would this be an expression or?

I know that I can create a scribble-effected solid and essentially erase in reverse to get the idea of the image being created in that moment. But the eraser doesn't really allow for each stroke to be seen, its kinda... sloppy in my opinion, you don't see the full effect of someone 'writing' on the screen. Its more of a strategic, gradual reveal if you catch what I mean.

Would love to hear your ideas. Thanks for all your help in advance!

Return to posts index

Colin PetersonRe: Write On Brush Animation that then Scribbles
by on Oct 19, 2016 at 11:30:16 pm

Or is there some way to make a mask from the paint effect? By copying the path or something like that?

That way I could use the Write On feature of the paint effect, create a copy of the paint effect's path, turn it into a mask, and duplicate the finished paint image and use the scribble effect on a new layer underneath the original to create the idea of movement after the paint brush has finished "drawing" the image...

Return to posts index

Greg GeschRe: Write On Brush Animation that then Scribbles
by on Oct 20, 2016 at 12:38:15 am

Hi, I'm not sure about the Paint effect, however if you used the Stroke effect with the Brush Strokes effect below it and keyframed its Brush Size/Density/Randomness would that give you the look you are going for?

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Write On Brush Animation that then Scribbles
by on Oct 20, 2016 at 2:12:47 pm

Turbulent Displace would be a way to get it to look like that.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]