ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Text with 0% opacity still visible

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael DenisonText with 0% opacity still visible
by on Oct 18, 2016 at 4:51:27 pm
Last Edited By Michael Denison on Oct 18, 2016 at 5:13:14 pm

Ever since upgrading to After Effects Version 13.8.1.38, I've noticed a problem with text staying slightly visible several frames after I have either brought the opacity down to 0% or even several frames after the text layer has ended. It doesn't happen when I turn off motion blur for the comp, but still happens whether or not the text layer has motion blur turned on. Besides turning of motion blur for the whole comp, the only other thing I notice is that it doesn't show up when I have the fast preview option set to “Fast Draft”. Otherwise it shows up with "Adaptive Resolution" or "Off (Final Quality)", as well as in my final render.

Any ideas? I have also switched Macs recently and have the 2015 2.8GHz MacBook Pro with the AMD Radeon R9 M370X card.

I'd upload a screenshot, but it has gone away for now after fidgeting with fast preview options and motion blur settings.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Text with 0% opacity still visible
by on Oct 18, 2016 at 5:17:09 pm

What's your OS? Know that the new one Sierra, has NOT been approved by Adobe yet for any of its applications.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael DenisonRe: Text with 0% opacity still visible
by on Oct 18, 2016 at 5:22:43 pm

I'm using OS 10.11.6

I've learned my lesson in the past and am not upgrading to Sierra anytime soon.

Return to posts index

Martin KruulRe: Text with 0% opacity still visible
by on Oct 18, 2016 at 5:19:56 pm

Are you sure you don't have another Opacity keyframe way down on the timeline? That's what always trips me up ?

----
"Three things are necessary for the salvation of man: to know what he ought to believe; to know what he ought to desire; and to know what he ought to do."
--St. Thomas Aquinas

Return to posts index

Michael DenisonRe: Text with 0% opacity still visible
by on Oct 18, 2016 at 5:25:42 pm

I've done that before too. It's not the case here. It disappeared after toggling through the Fast Preview options, toggling Motion Blur on and off, and tabbing out to Safari to check on this post.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]