ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE crashed... can't open the project or any of the Auto-saves

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Wall
AE crashed... can't open the project or any of the Auto-saves
on Oct 18, 2016 at 3:33:47 pm

Finishing up a Premiere project on my mac pro. Had many links on the timeline to an AE project. After Premiere crashed I can't open the AE project! I can't even open the AE Auto-saves!

It gets stuck on "Estimated time remaining 3 seconds. Opening project... 38% complete."

Tried reinstalling both AE and premiere. Tried opening various combo's of Auto Saved projects. Nothing.
Any thoughts on how to resurrect an AE project that won't open?

This whole Adobe Creative Cloud is so glitchy that our office is now considering the alternatives.

AW

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: AE crashed... can't open the project or any of the Auto-saves
on Oct 18, 2016 at 4:36:41 pm

[Andrew Wall] "After Premiere crashed I can't open the AE project! I can't even open the AE Auto-saves!"

Have you tried importing the project (into a blank project is fine) instead of opening it?

It strikes me as odd that the autosaves are also giving you trouble. Perhaps it is not the project that is corrupt, but a piece of media that they are all referencing? Do you see the same issue if open the project on a different computer, or if you clear the conformed media cache? (Warning, reconforming media will take some time!)

[Andrew Wall] "Tried reinstalling both AE and premiere. Tried opening various combo's of Auto Saved projects. Nothing. Any thoughts on how to resurrect an AE project that won't open?"

Reinstalling doesn't automatically reset your preferences. You might try that, too: hold Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) while the application is starting.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]