ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Learning About Videos and AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Abbey Smith
Learning About Videos and AE
on Oct 17, 2016 at 10:37:08 pm

Hello, I am new to working in AE and creating videos. I have watched several YouTube videos to get me started, but are there any online classes available to learn more you would recommend? I've been working in print design for several years and will be creating more videos in my current job, so I would like to learn as much as I can. You're advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Learning About Videos and AE
on Oct 17, 2016 at 11:15:48 pm

For Freebies, it's tough to beat the Andrew Devis series of tutorials here on the COW. It's an older version of AE, but the basic principles still apply... and in AE, EVERYBODY needs to learn the basics! This thing is just too confusing otherwise.

If you want the latest, up-to-date stuff -- and don't mind shelling out a little cash -- the AE course on Lynda.com is reputed to be excellent.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Abbey Smith
on Oct 18, 2016 at 1:33:10 am

Thank you, Dave! I will have to check out Andrew's series of tutorials. I am also new to the Creative Cow, so I'm learning everything it has to offer. I'm also trying to find out more information about sizing. I will be creating videos for a video wall that will be 5760x1080. I have found stock video that I would like to use but the largest it comes is 1920x1080. If I scale the stock video up to spread across all three screens, will it become pixelated? I'm VERY new to this so I'm sorry if this is something basic I should already know.

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
on Oct 18, 2016 at 12:13:56 am

[Abbey Smith] " I have watched several YouTube videos to get me started,"

Why? you have many tutorials right in the Adobe site page: https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/tutorials.html make sure you run through all of them. right after that, as Dave suggested, take a Lynda course. later when you know what to look for you can go to Youtube and test out different trainers.

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

Abbey Smith
on Oct 18, 2016 at 1:13:14 am

Thanks, Roei! I have watched those also, and they were very helpful!

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
on Oct 18, 2016 at 2:38:20 pm

Great. so you know where to go from here! good luck and have fun :)

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]