ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Switching on/off the auto-orient mode.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kasper BretzkiSwitching on/off the auto-orient mode.
by on Oct 17, 2016 at 9:01:46 am

Hello, it's already a year since I discovered Creative Cows, and I want to say, that tons of my problems were solved by you guys, I know the plain thank you is just not enough for the effort, but well, to the topic.

I finally decided to start a thread about my issue, digging into the depths of Internet didn't help in this case, and I encounter the same problem few times every month for half year already. To make it simple: I need to animate the position of a shape AND set it to auto-orient along the path. Once it's done, some frames later I need the same shape (same layer) to have it's auto-orient property turned off, while still moving along the path. Basically, I want to switch the Auto-orient on and off on a single layer. Only walkaround is by duplicating the layer, one with auto orient switch on, one with switch off. But that's another layer on a layer-heavy (usually way more than 50) composition. I recently started to experiment with connecting the shape to a null, and then animating the null, but that's only partial solution.

Would appreciate any thoughts, as this problem chew few hours every month.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Switching on/off the auto-orient mode.
by on Oct 17, 2016 at 9:19:35 pm

I don't know whether I should offer congratulations or consolations -- you're doing it the right way.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved