ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Greetings. Need some advice for a project.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ernest Zamora Jr
Greetings. Need some advice for a project.
on Oct 17, 2016 at 5:16:24 am

Hello,

I'm working on a small project thats trying to re-create the main titles in the movie "Mars Attacks!"

<- original

I already made some good head way in creating the titles using CC Cylinder for the first :39 seconds, however I'm having some trouble trying to get the title affect from :40 seconds onward, I know I need to use a 3D text and gradient mask however i just can seem to get them to work together. Any advise or even video explanation on how to achieve this affect would be greatly appreciated.

-Ernest

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: Greetings. Need some advice for a project.
on Oct 17, 2016 at 7:48:36 am

You can use text on a 3D layer. To achieve the 3d text look you can just duplicate the layer once you animate the move in 3d space, change the color to black or dark grey and offset by a few units on the layers z axis. To get thicker text, use 2 or more duplicate layers.
Once you animate all titles, bring that composition into the main comp over your background footage and set a mask with a feathered edge on the x axis over the layer, to have the text fade away as it moves towards the left edge of the frame.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]