ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Shadow problem in Element 3D (with images)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James CartierShadow problem in Element 3D (with images)
by on Oct 16, 2016 at 5:31:29 pm
Last Edited By James Cartier on Oct 18, 2016 at 8:16:30 am

As you can see in the images, I've got some problems with the shadow of one light. My idea was to see R2D2 walking in the street, I used the same method as you can see in this tutorial: and I added a spotlight like this tutorial: BUT this didnt work.
I tried to resolve this problem alone, looking in internet to see if someone had the same problem but found nothing. I saw that some people posted their problem with Element 3D in this forum but after reading everything, nothing helped me.
I tried everything I could:
I put the plane model in another group foulder: nothing changed
I changed the parameters of the light: nothing changed
I changed the "map Size" in the" shadow maps": didnt work
I tried to put the plane model in another group null: nonono
I changed the position of the plane model: useless
I changed the size of the plane model: the shadow grow (depends of the map size)

I have no idea where this shadow come from and why the shadow of r2d2 is invisible. I tried everything I know but I have to admit that I have no solutions.
I hope the french language of my After effect didnt disturbe you. Thanks for reading me, I hope you can help me.

Return to posts index

James CartierRe: Shadow problem in Element 3D (with images)
by on Oct 18, 2016 at 8:16:46 am

I solved the problem. I let this post open in any case one of you need it. If your problem is the same as I had, try to change the SHADOW MODE into RAY-TRACED and change some things. Just see this post in the forum of if you dont know how to do it or if your problem is still here:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved