ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Glowing rays around an object

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vlad Sineok
Glowing rays around an object
on Oct 12, 2016 at 4:53:59 pm

Hi! I want to know how to do rays (something like trapcode shine, but still I can't get result like that in shine) around an object on transparent background.
Something like that:

and also like that

This is the link for video if you want to see what I need (blue rays are from 0:22 and till 0:51 and orange rays are from 0:54 and till the end of video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un73vXiNjtM

If you know what plugin it is, or how to do this effect, please tell me, I really want to know.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Glowing rays around an object
on Oct 12, 2016 at 6:42:15 pm

Sorry, but your link leads nowhere.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Vlad Sineok
on Oct 12, 2016 at 6:49:24 pm

Weird, I thought L button is for link ._.
Anyways here it is

Return to posts index

Greg Gesch
on Oct 13, 2016 at 12:28:38 am
Last Edited By Greg Gesch on Oct 13, 2016 at 12:39:57 am

Hi Vlad. A way to do something similar. Duplicate your keyed layer. In the lower layer add the Simple Choker effect and set it to a minus numbers (-25?) add the Curves effect and drag the RGB channel so that it sits flat across the top - making it all white. Then move the individual R and/or G and/or B channels down towards a flat line on the bottom of their box or the top of the box to get the color you want (ie. Pure Blue = Blue channel line flat at top, Red and Green channels line flat at bottom - to get the teal color in your example angle up a bit of the Green channel). Add the Roughen Edges effect, set to Spiky and increase the Border amount. Add Directional Blur effect and increase the Blur Amount. Play with the various effects settings until you're happy.

Return to posts index

Vlad Sineok
on Oct 16, 2016 at 7:22:54 pm

Not really what I've been looking for, but something similar. Anyways, I modified this and got one more beautiful effect. Thank you so much!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]