ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Shooting a film like a live broadcast

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter FraserShooting a film like a live broadcast
by on Oct 11, 2016 at 11:39:41 am

Hi, I'm working on a 'found footage' film comparable in approach to Paranormal Activity and looking for the best and most economical solution to film the actors in a house from multiple cameras with maximum control without employing camera operators for each camera. Some cameras can be static views but we would like a number of them to pan and zoom and I'm wondering if we can do it remotely though a vision mixer and thus employ one operator and a couple of camera operators for key shots. This seems pretty comparable to broadcast and reality TV so I was wondering if anyone has any advice on tech and workflow? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Shooting a film like a live broadcast
by on Oct 11, 2016 at 12:58:27 pm

The After Effects forum probably isn't the best place to ask about switchers or PTZ robotic camera systems. Maybe one of the more production-oriented forums here like Cinematography, Corporate Video, Event Videography, Live & Stage Events, or one of the vendor-specific camera forums might be more helpful.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Peter FraserRe: Shooting a film like a live broadcast
by on Oct 11, 2016 at 1:08:58 pm

Thanks Walter. I thought I had posted to a different forum. A slip of the finger I guess.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved