ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

SLAVE After Effects PLAYHEAD to Premiere PLAYHEAD

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Lee-JonesSLAVE After Effects PLAYHEAD to Premiere PLAYHEAD
by on Oct 8, 2016 at 11:02:45 pm

Hi CC,

Has anyone tried to write a script so that the time PLAYHEAD on AfterEffects automatically syncs with the Premiere PLAYHEAD?

I want to jump to different points on the Premiere timeline and see my neighbouring After Effects composition timeline jump to those respective points.

I guess Premiere would have to broadcast the current TimeCode somehow... and After Effects would have to listen...

Thanks - Pete

Senior Editor
Pinewood UK

Pinewood Studios, UK

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: SLAVE After Effects PLAYHEAD to Premiere PLAYHEAD
by on Oct 9, 2016 at 4:37:20 pm

After Effects and Premiere Pro communicate with each other better than ever before, but the communication isn't that good and probably never will be.

The two applications were initially developed by two different companies, and neither of them was Adobe. Their core code is totally different. Their data structures are totally different. When first written, the developers had no idea in the world the two applications would needto communicate with each other.

I see you're at Pinewood. I would look at Autodesk products to achieve the degree of integration you seek.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Peter Lee-JonesRe: SLAVE After Effects PLAYHEAD to Premiere PLAYHEAD
by on Oct 11, 2016 at 10:59:50 am

I am sure on old systems it was possible to slave a VTR to premiere and aftereffects using GPI.

Also there were some broadcast title HTML systems which seemed to update in realtime

Just some thoughts....

Pinewood Studios, UK

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: SLAVE After Effects PLAYHEAD to Premiere PLAYHEAD
by on Oct 11, 2016 at 11:59:57 am

Peter, I think it's a great idea and would make an excellent feature request. Good integration between Pr and Ae is important.

http://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Peter Lee-JonesRe: SLAVE After Effects PLAYHEAD to Premiere PLAYHEAD
by on Oct 11, 2016 at 12:30:23 pm

Indeed... it is only really possible now AfterEffects can realtime render and playback at true frame rate and quality. But more importantly you just want the playhead to stop at the same time as on Premiere.

Pinewood Studios, UK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]