ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

bokeh effect transition?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Koby Goldbergbokeh effect transition?
by on Oct 5, 2016 at 2:01:42 pm

Hi guys,
I've encountered a nice transition effect in an image slideshow clip, reminding bokeh effect.
see clip here:
Can someone help me build this effect in AE...?

I guess the circles can be created using Particle World or Particular, and then use as a track matte to reveal the next image. And just before the transition starts, the current image is blurred (can be done using Fast Blur) and is changing color (using some kind of Colorize effect). But there's more than that, and everything together looks very nice...

Return to posts index

Thomas FrenkelRe: bokeh effect transition?
by on Oct 5, 2016 at 3:54:06 pm

Hey Coby

[Koby Goldberg] "But there's more than that."
...not that much I guess.

There is a generic background with particles and streaks that is seperated from the matte particles. My guess would be, that this is just a 2D stock video, that you could either buy or recreate - again with Particle World/Particular/Fractal Noise etc.

Also, the soft lens flare on the left and right border seems not to be part of that video, but positioned on a seperate layer above everything.

Most likely some sort of glow effect was animated on an adjustment layer for all layers below.

Return to posts index

Koby GoldbergRe: bokeh effect transition?
by on Oct 5, 2016 at 4:58:37 pm

Thanks Thomas!
I missed the generic background with the particles. I guess this background should be kept for the entire slideshow (and can change colors to be interesting)
I have to think about this a bit in order to stack the layers correctly with the track mattes, but it makes more sense to me now!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved