ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

window off screen

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Whitney Claytonwindow off screen
by on Oct 4, 2016 at 10:12:54 pm

so i am a little frustrated because i am trying to fix a problem with the audio settings in After effects cc but when i open project setting I can't see the entire window. it looks like it cuts it off at the bottom which is where i need to click to change the setting. i've tried to change the screen resolution but it didn't work. I am using an HP 2000 notebook and the resolution is currently set to 1366 by 758. If anyone has had this same problem please help!!

Return to posts index

Roei TzorefRe: window off screen
by on Oct 5, 2016 at 4:58:54 am

The system requirements for Ae is where you will find the answer. Your monitor's resolution is not high enough.

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: window off screen
by on Oct 5, 2016 at 12:52:58 pm

As Roei mentions, your display doesn't meet the system requirements. But all is not lost. You can use keyboard navigation instead of the mouse.

You can just press Enter to accept the current settings, as shown.

If you need to change the audio settings, you can use the Tab key to move the focus there, even when it's off-screen. If you close and re-open the Project Settings window to set the focus to its default and press Shift+Tab once (to move focus backwards), you'll be in the Audio Settings > Sample Rate field. Press Home to set it to its first value, 22.050 KHz. From here, pressing the DownArrow once will get you to 32.000 KHz, twice will get you to 44.1 KHz, three times will get you to 48.000 KHz (the default), and four times will get you to 96.000 KHz.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved