ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Turn object filmed rotating on turntable in green box into the virtual camera movement around the object

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Muaz NikolicTurn object filmed rotating on turntable in green box into the virtual camera movement around the object
by on Oct 4, 2016 at 1:35:55 pm

Hello,

I am trying to the following thing; I want to record an object rotating on the turntable and from that to get the virtual camera movement as if the camera was moving around that object.

I filmed the object on turntable rotating in the green screen and placed the tracking points around the turntable so I could be able to track the movement. When I 3D track the footage in AE I am not able to solve the 3D camera, when I tracked the footage in Cinema 4D instead of circle movement I get the spiral movement and the virtual camera movement is not correct.

I hope that someone could help me how to solve this problem or give me any guidance how am I going to be able to make idea work. Thank you all in advance.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Turn object filmed rotating on turntable in green box into the virtual camera movement around the object
by on Oct 4, 2016 at 1:52:25 pm

Make a camera. Make a 3D null. Parent the camera to the null. Rotate the null.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Muaz NikolicRe: Turn object filmed rotating on turntable in green box into the virtual camera movement around the object
by on Oct 5, 2016 at 9:42:52 am

Thank you Dave,
sometimes simple solutions are the best solutions. I tried to solve my problem by complicating it to much (tracking the video). Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]