ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Bend shape into horseshoe shape

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Weston JonesBend shape into horseshoe shape
by on Oct 3, 2016 at 10:31:39 pm

Seems like this would be very simple, but I can't hack it.

I'm trying to do a bend transition between the two shape layers pictured here, starting with the straight one.

Need to bend from the two ends, from the middle, so it pulling down into the 2nd image. Using CC Bend IT, it will only allow me a start/stop point, thus bending from left to right. I can't seem to do a shape morph with path keyframes either, as there are too many points and it transitions super funky.

Currently its a shape layer, from illustrator. I can raster if necessary, though would prefer to keep as shape.

Just trying to go between the two, how?! Thank you

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Bend shape into horseshoe shape
by on Oct 4, 2016 at 11:04:09 am

You can use FreeForm Pro or Free Form V2 for this or you can paste the shape from AI in a Shape layer and animate by setting keyframes and adjusting the shape.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Bend shape into horseshoe shape
by on Oct 4, 2016 at 5:31:15 pm

cc bend it can bend your straight sample image into the curved sample image.... set the 'start' point to the center of the image and set the end point to the right or left edge of the image, then animate the 'bend' property to bend it into the curved example.

if the image layer is cropped (not comp-sized), add grow bounds before cc bend it to extend the boundary of the layer as needed.

Kevin Camp
Art Director

Return to posts index

Weston JonesRe: Bend shape into horseshoe shape
by on Oct 4, 2016 at 10:32:50 pm

Thank you, Bend It worked!

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Bend shape into horseshoe shape
by on Oct 4, 2016 at 7:23:17 pm

Bezier Warp can do this too.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved