ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Importing a broken mask from AE to Illustrator

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mercedes GonzalezImporting a broken mask from AE to Illustrator
by on Sep 30, 2016 at 10:31:25 pm

Hi,
I'm reviewing notes from previous AE courses, and I came across with the possibility of importing a broken mask from AE to Illustrator to close it, fix it: object_path_join, and them export it back to AE. I have been trying everything: copy mask in AE and paste in the artboard open in Illustrator, etc. nothing worked!!! Please help, I think it is a very helpful tip.
Thank you so much. Saludos, Mercedes

In the battle with reality, no matter what, reality always wins

Return to posts index

Roei TzorefRe: Importing a broken mask from AE to Illustrator
by on Oct 1, 2016 at 12:11:33 am

do you mean you can't copy paste masks from Ae to Ai? like this?

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

Mercedes GonzalezRe: Importing a broken mask from AE to Illustrator
by on Oct 1, 2016 at 3:19:09 am

Hey Roei, thank you for your response, but the copy-paste is not the problem, I wish! I am very experience with AE, but I'm just learning about Illustrator. So, when I paste the mask in Illustrator from AE, first it goes away as soon as I click away from the artboard, and if I don't do that and I save it as ai project, when I import it to AE and add it to the comp I'm working on, it appears as an empty layer. I'm sure is pretty simple solution, but I haven't found it yet. Any suggestion very welcome.

Return to posts index

Roei TzorefRe: Importing a broken mask from AE to Illustrator
by on Oct 1, 2016 at 10:46:29 am

[Mercedes Gonzalez] "So, when I paste the mask in Illustrator from AE, first it goes away as soon as I click away from the artboard"

the path is there, it's just not assigned any attributes like stroke for example. rectangle select the area and you will see it, you can also assign a stroke to it:

[Mercedes Gonzalez] "when I import it to AE and add it to the comp I'm working on, it appears as an empty layer."
make sure your path is selected. it will be highlighted. now copy paste back like this:

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

Mercedes GonzalezRe: Importing a broken mask from AE to Illustrator
by on Oct 3, 2016 at 8:22:04 pm

Awesome Roei! Thank you so much for your help. This week would be my "Illustrator intensive tutorials week"
Have a good week, Mercedes

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]