ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Composition Size in AE CC

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Herman HuangComposition Size in AE CC
by on Sep 30, 2016 at 1:56:38 am

Hey all!

I just upgraded to CC from CS6, and seem to have a minor problem in AE. When I try to adjust the composition size, everything in my composition seems to stretch to match that ratio. This never happened to me before in CS6. It's as if I'm adjusting the "Image Size" as opposed to the "Canvas Size". I'm sure that I'm just overlooking something very simple here, but I appreciate any solution to this matter. Thanks so much!

Herman

Return to posts index

Roei TzorefRe: Composition Size in AE CC
by on Sep 30, 2016 at 4:48:17 am

check your composition settings and see you are working in square pixels. it's is recommended to work within the presets so choose an HDTV preset and everything will be set for you.

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

Herman HuangRe: Composition Size in AE CC
by on Sep 30, 2016 at 5:07:12 am

Thank you for the quick response! I've been playing around with it a little more, and it seems to only happen on a rare occasion. Only my text (with an expression applied) will stretch with the composition. When I tried changing the dimension for other pre-comps, it seems to function as normal. I suppose that I'll be careful whenever I work with this specific expression on text layers.

Return to posts index

Roei TzorefRe: Composition Size in AE CC
by on Sep 30, 2016 at 7:03:04 am

Interesting. If you want you can drag and drop a simplified project. I could take a look and quite curious why this happened.

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Composition Size in AE CC
by on Sep 30, 2016 at 12:45:20 pm

[Herman Huang] "Only my text (with an expression applied) will stretch with the composition."

If the expression is dependent on the comp size, yes, changing the comp size might cause unexpected results. IF you can post the expression at least, we can take a look and see what's going on.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]