ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Black ish/ white glitch effect (from watch dogs 2 trailer)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Cerny
Black ish/ white glitch effect (from watch dogs 2 trailer)
on Sep 29, 2016 at 3:42:42 pm

Hello I was wondering how can I achieve this black and white with white dots glitch effect. You can see it here in this trailer if you put the speed on 0.5 and at 0:01 when guards break the door you can see the effect ->

And if you cant see it here is an image --> with the effect https://gyazo.com/d3deda23653fbe6b04b07e2ed7c652c0
And here is an image without the effect --> https://gyazo.com/4cf9371171eda4bafcdff5e562c7ae9e

I was thinking about applying the tint effect and playing with curves to make the blacks and whites stand out more. Also I think it looks little bit cartoon like, so I tried adding the cartoon plugin with the tint and curves but it still didn't look right. also you can see those white dots and I dont think they added them manually because that would be crazy to manually add all those dots so Im sure they used something to generate those dots on certain areas of the video ( my guess is they made it so they appear on dark parts of the video) But Im not sure how to recreate this because I love this effect and how it looks. I hope you can understand what Im trying to say. Thanks for the help

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Black ish/ white glitch effect (from watch dogs 2 trailer)
on Sep 29, 2016 at 6:09:44 pm

That's a combination of a lot of effects: Levels, Hue/Saturation, Ball Action, a little masking, using a layer for a track matte, nested comps...
...and that's just from the stills. My firewall prohibits me from seeing the video. Lord only knows how it's animated.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Martin Cerny
Re: Black ish/ white glitch effect (from watch dogs 2 trailer)
on Sep 29, 2016 at 10:24:35 pm

Okay thank you was thinking this is not going to be easy to make. But ill try something with the ball action totally forgot about it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]