ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Importing multiple selected layers from a Photoshop file?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cameron ClarkImporting multiple selected layers from a Photoshop file?
by on Sep 28, 2016 at 6:07:53 pm

I was wondering if there was a way to import a only handful of selected layers from a photoshop file at once. I've got a huuuuuuuge photoshop file (it's got a lot of cel animation, so there are a crazy amount of layers), and I only need like 8 layers from it that I went back and added to the photoshop file after I imported the composition into my AE project.

It seems like the only options I have are either importing it as footage and importing each layer individually, or importing the entire composition again and then deleting all the layers that I dont need. Both ways take more steps than I'd like, because I find myself doing this a lot and I'd love to be able to just shift+click a bunch of layers in footage mode and bring them in as a group. Seems like that would be much more effecient.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Jim ScottRe: Importing multiple selected layers from a Photoshop file?
by on Sep 28, 2016 at 6:27:44 pm

You could save that Photoshop file as a modified copy that has had all the layers you don't want deleted, and then import that new one into AE.

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Importing multiple selected layers from a Photoshop file?
by on Sep 28, 2016 at 7:13:51 pm

I would actually recommend that method, since ae will have to load the whole psd, even if you only want a few layers from it... but it may come down to how your workflow is.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]