ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Multiple particles with specificish randomized timing with Form or Particular?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ocean ByrneMultiple particles with specificish randomized timing with Form or Particular?
by on Sep 28, 2016 at 2:46:41 am

I'm doing like a molecular reaction type party, and I want to have a 3d space filled with 3 different types of sprite particles, each of which loops and I want kind of randomized. Then, about half way through my animation I want one of those types to trigger a transition, ideally kind of semi randomly radiating out from the center.

So, I have a few specific questions:
Is there any way to have multiple separate Form plugins that interact with each other in one cohesive 3d space? I know they all react to the same camera, but as near as I can tell, the particles that are far away on my top layer will show up on top of the close particles on subsequent layers. Is there a way in and around this, as it were?

Is there a way to randomize the start point of image sequence particles, but only a little? Let's say I have a particle animation that kind of loops in stasis for 300 frames, then transitions form frame 300-400 then loops in it's new stasis for 300 more frames. I want to randomize my particle start point, but only by 50 frames or so. Also, preferably I would have 3 or 4 variations of this as particle options...

Tips would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved