ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

circular text effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Med Nassehcircular text effect
by on Sep 25, 2016 at 11:57:20 pm

Hey, guys!

I'm newbie after effects and I'm trying to create an animation for a logo with a circular type and I want to get this kind of effect in the slogan
/shots/1735358-Logo-Animation, I'm literally loosing my mind and I couldn't find any tuts related to that, your help would be more than appreciated.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: circular text effect
by on Sep 26, 2016 at 12:25:28 am

I'm sorry but I cannot help you. I will not go to web sites that are not well-known. If you would post on YouTube or Vimdo, I would be glad to take a look.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jack BlackRe: circular text effect
by on Sep 26, 2016 at 12:35:00 am

Trapcode has a plugin that does this, you can also use "paths" for text.

Return to posts index

Roei TzorefRe: circular text effect
by on Sep 26, 2016 at 2:15:52 am
Last Edited By Roei Tzoref on Sep 26, 2016 at 9:24:25 pm

*deleted apparently I opened a different link entirely :(

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: circular text effect
by on Sep 26, 2016 at 3:44:34 pm

the text coming on the top and bottom lines of text (the text on a curve/circle) can be achieved using a path, a character animator for tracking and mask.

to start off, type one line of text. then, using the circular path tool, draw a circular mask on the text layer.

twirl down the text layers properties to get to text>path options and select 'mask 1' as the path. your text's baseline should now be on the circular path, but likely inverted from what you want, so simply set the 'reverse path' property to on.

to make the text rotate on the path you'll just need to animate the 'first margin' property as needed.

you can add another path to use as mask to hid the text before it animates to it's position by simply using the pen tool and clicking to create a simple mask around the area of the text that is in it's final position.

next, to animate the kerning/tracking property, you can use a text animator. from the text layers' text property, there is a menu to the right called 'animate'. click the menu arrow and choose 'tracking'.

drag the tracking amount to set a value as a 'max' amount for the starting point. then twirl down the range selector properties and key frame the offset property from 0 to 100 (to match up with the timing of the first margin animation).

the text should now 'rotate' in on a path and each letter's spacing should also tracking into it's final position.

to smooth the animation into it's final position, use ease-ease on the final keyframes, and to have the tracking come together as in the example, twirl down the animator properties to Animator 1>range selecotr>advanced as set the 'shape' to 'ramp up'. also set the first 'offset' keyframe to -100%.

you should now have something that resembles the animation of the top line in the example.

Kevin Camp
Art Director

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved