ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Glitch with the time indicator?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel FernandezGlitch with the time indicator?
by on Sep 24, 2016 at 1:26:03 pm

Hi, I'm new here (i'm spanish, sorry for my poor engilsh) and I have a strange problem with After Effects, I hope to explain well. This problem occurs only with one project (in others this work ok):

Normally in the "family of compositions" of your proyect, if you are in the second 0 in your"mother composition" and you go to your "child compositions" remains in the second 0. In my project this isn't happen. If I'm in second 0 of the mother composition, the child composition time indicator goes to 0: 00: 05: 16. If I go back to the mother composition remains in the second 0: 00: 05: 16, and if I go to child composition again adds another 0: 00: 05: 16... why is this happening?

I would assume that accidentally pressed something that adds extra time each composition, but no idea.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Glitch with the time indicator?
by on Sep 26, 2016 at 12:16:07 am

Hello! I congratulate you on your good English!

Now, a lesson in the language of After Effects. The terms "child" and "parent" are for layers using parenting. You are writing about Nested Comps and Precomps.

I think you have used a nested comp--the "child", as you call it. You may have moved it on your "parent" timeline. This would result in the times you see between the two compositions. If you did NOT do this, we need to see screen shots of your main comp (the "parent") and the nested comp (the "child").

Please know that "composition" and "comp" are the same thing.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved