ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

interpolating frames with time stretch

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
russ johnsoninterpolating frames with time stretch
by on Sep 23, 2016 at 2:47:00 pm
Last Edited By russ johnson on Sep 23, 2016 at 3:25:04 pm

Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm having trouble generating interpolated frames upon preview or export from sources that are slowed down, either via time remapping or time stretch.

I have a timelapse sequence that I have interpreted as 30 fps, and dropped it into a composition that is also 30 fps. It comes out to 6 seconds of footage (180 total frames). using both time remapping and time stretch (not simultaneously), I changed the clip length to 9 seconds.

Despite having Frame Blending>Pixel Motion ON for the layer, and "Frame Blending" or "Optical Flow" ON during export, After effects simply uses frame sampling and duplicates every other frame.

Am I missing a setting somewhere? Is this the best way to slow down timelapse source material?

Thanks,

Russell

EDIT: I did not have the global "Enable Frame Blending" checked for the composition, so problem solved. I'll leave this up in case anyone else runs into this issue.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: interpolating frames with time stretch
by on Sep 23, 2016 at 3:33:34 pm

I'd try using a third-party plugin, Twixtor. It will actually create the necessary intermediate frames for smoother motion.

Or you can save yourself 500 bucks, reshoot the timelapse and know that you need 270 frames and not 180. Life gets a lot better then.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: interpolating frames with time stretch
by on Sep 23, 2016 at 4:48:45 pm

[Dave LaRonde] "I'd try using a third-party plugin, Twixtor. It will actually create the necessary intermediate frames for smoother motion."

Ae's native pixel motion frame blending and Timewarp both use this same technique.

Twixtor is still worthwhile, though; it has some extra controls (especially Twixtor Pro), and offers GPU acceleration.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Roei TzorefRe: interpolating frames with time stretch
by on Sep 23, 2016 at 3:41:48 pm
Last Edited By Roei Tzoref on Sep 23, 2016 at 3:42:46 pm

[russ johnson] "EDIT: I did not have the global "Enable Frame Blending" checked for the composition, so problem solved. I'll leave this up in case anyone else runs into this issue."

have you by any chance rendered your file by AME? Composition-adding to AME queue?

if you are rendering at the default settings, then it's Ae's "Best Settings" for Render Settings and it means it will set Frame Blending where there is a switch on per layer, not related to the master switch. same goes for Motion Blur.

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]