ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects: Trapcode Form as a surface

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chantal GfellerAfter Effects: Trapcode Form as a surface
by on Sep 23, 2016 at 10:05:05 am

Dear Community

Recently I'm creating some visuals for an event within Trapcode Particular and Form.
Now there is an issue I couldn't solve until now, so I'd be really glad if you are able to help me.

With Trapcode Form, I've created that typical "sand to object" effect (With Layer maps and quick maps etc.)
where an amount of particles morphs and blends into an obj. The thing is, I want the particles to be a smooth and consistent surface... How do I achieve that look? What parameters are important for this?

Thanks in advance!
Have a nice day guys

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: After Effects: Trapcode Form as a surface
by on Sep 23, 2016 at 3:16:58 pm

Here's a thought -- once the particles have hit their final marks, you could animate the reduce noise effect. If there are things in the shot that you want to remain unaffected, make a precomp and mask around the stuff to be de-noised. A warning -- this effect is VERY slow to render. There is a lot of computation going on.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki KannistoRe: After Effects: Trapcode Form as a surface
by on Sep 24, 2016 at 7:23:01 am

If the particles are about 1 pixel size and in a perfect grid (not dispersed or affected by Fractal Field position), you should be able to fade in the original image in the same position. An animated mask that reveals the areas where the particles have come to a halt should do the trick.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved