ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Sound Keys Output stays at 0 with certain audio

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bernd Schmoll
Sound Keys Output stays at 0 with certain audio
on Sep 22, 2016 at 8:14:02 pm

Hello,

I've been trying out Sound Keys and I can't get it to work with the audio I'm using right now (Walk├╝renritt from Richard Wagner). It's working fine with other songs (I'm not on CC 2015) but I just can't get the Output value from Range 1 to go higher than 0 with that audio. What I have noticed was, that the bar on the right in Sound Keys is always dark green and never changes (unlike with other songs). I thought it had something to do with the bass, but the audio keyframes (getting them with bass&trebble) weren't at 0. Simply multiplying the Output value doesn't work because 0 stays 0.
So my question is, what do I have to change that the Output value isn't constantly at 0 and what does the bar on the right affect?

I hope everyone understands what I mean, not sure since my brain turned to mush while trying to find a solution.
Thanks for the help
Bernd Schmoll

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Sound Keys Output stays at 0 with certain audio
on Sep 23, 2016 at 6:09:51 am

With Soundkeys you select the area that you want the audio to be retrieved from, so you're probably selecting a range where there is nothing there. The bar at the right is a preview of how much output you are getting. Modify the range 1 selection rectangle and scrub through the timeline to see if you're getting anything. More than likely the bottom of the rectangle should be at the bottom of the graph.

Maybe you can share a screen shot of what your current selection is?

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Bernd Schmoll
Re: Sound Keys Output stays at 0 with certain audio
on Sep 23, 2016 at 8:52:52 am

Thank you very much, that solved my problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]